For the attention of Miss Sonya Gransden
In your letter dated 8th January 2019 you state that I am not the victim of former Bexley Councillor Maxine Fothergill’s criminal intent and that because of that you are “not obliged to provide any update”.
1) It is my name that occurs 22 times in the largely untruthful statement Ms. Fothergill made at Swanley Police station on 29th December 2017.
2) It was me who Sergeant 11901 Robbie Cooke decided to charge after failing to check whether Ms. Fothergill’s opening remarks were untruthful, something he could have found to be the case with a few clicks on Bexley Council’s website. He also failed to notice obvious contradictions in the statement made against me.
3) It was me who was compelled to attend Swanley Police Station under threat of arrest for non-compliance for interview under caution on 18th December 2017.
4) It was to my house that PC 13546 Abbie Brookes made a personal visit to tell me of her Sergeant’s decision to charge me with harassment for reporting with meticulous accuracy how Bexley Council and the High Court had dealt with Ms. Fothergill’s activities.
5) It was my name that appeared on the Charge notice dated 30th January 2018 and delivered to my address.
6) It was me who had to put down a deposit of £3,600 with a firm of solicitors to prepare my defence.
7) It was my barrister to whom the Crown Prosecution Service sent advice on 5th March 2018 that they would not pursue the case against me.
8) It was me who was awarded £323.45 by Sevenoaks Magistrates’ Court to offset my legal costs.
9) It was to me that a Kent Police Inspector sent an email advising that lessons must be learnt and that PC Abbie Brooks and her Sergeant Robbie Cooke should be given feed back as part of their development.
10) It was to me that your Professional Standards Department wrote on 29th July 2018 to contradict the Inspector’s view and claim that neither Brooks nor Cooke had done anything wrong.
11) It was me who was featured in Private Eye Issue No. 1466 which highlighted Fothergill’s “bullying” and the unwarranted charges brought by Kent Police.
Please let me know exactly who was the victim of Ms. Fothergill’s malicious statement if it was not me.
My letter of 18th December 2018 said I would refer the case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct “this time next month”. That remains the cut off date while no satisfactory response is forthcoming from the Chief Constable.