any day today rss twitter

News and Comment November 2019

Index: 200920102011201220132014201520162017201820192020

30 November (Part 3) - Asking for a friend

He's fallen out badly with the local authority, he's convinced that they have done him a very serious wrong, more than that he thinks they are criminally culpable. He has had a low level apology but the wrong has not been put right.

He makes his complaint to what he sees as a higher authority and accuses it of being complicit in the serious wrong doing which may or may not be correct.

What does that higher authority do?

a) Make it clear that in this case it has no real jurisdiction. Little more than sympathy can be offered.

b) Take serious exception to what are seen as totally false allegations and seek legal redress through the Libel Courts.

c) Or something else?


Return to the top of this page