To return from any entry to the top of this page, click any date on the left
To place a bookmark/anchor in the URL bar (for links), click the blog title
To read blogs from other years and months use the menu above
To change the text size click ‘AAA’ or Mobile icon on the menu above
To permanently change the text size click ‘Configure’ on the menu above
• Repaired water pipe after a nail was driven through it.
• Changed ball valve in loft.
• Repaired gas pipe severed by hack saw.
• Replaced central heating pump and motorized valve.
• Realigned satellite dish when moved by double glazing installer.
• Rerouted satellite cable to a different room.
• Installed new roof mounted Freeview TV aerial.
• Installed various items of AV equipment and usually provided necessary cables.
• Advised on camera equipment.
• Provided a wireless internet connection (with expensive long range aerial) for a school aged family member when householder refused to pay for a net connection.
• Fixed many different computers several times.
• Helped replace floor rotted by a hidden leak from faulty refrigerator.
• Maintained now 30 year old central heating boiler replacing parts as necessary.
• Installed new cooker, hob, extractor fan and sink in kitchen.
• Helped install lesser kitchen items and cut wall tiles.
• Installed new kitchen tap at a later date.
• Identified fault on two almost new bathroom taps and repaired them.
• Installed full length mirror in bedroom.
• Helped install coving in bedroom.
• Restored downstairs lights when cables were disconnected without noting which wire went where.
• Corrected wiring faults on conservatory under-floor heating.
• Helped move old conservatory to new position.
• Erected two garden sheds.
• Cleared blockage in external surface water drain.
• Helped clear blockage in washing machine drain pipe.
• Replaced the least accessible sections of rainwater guttering.
• Made partially serviceable a completely broken double glazed window hinge - twice.
• Charged flat car batteries several times.
• Towed car home when it broke down.
• Organised tours of London for overseas guests and escorting them. Once alone.
• Took overseas guest to Heathrow at 5 a.m. when no one else could conveniently do it.
• Collected stranded family member in the middle of the night several times (when neighbour refused to turn out).
• Delivered family member to hospital several times (when neighbour didn’t offer).
• Mediated during a family rift.
• Agreed to nurse a sick relative for approximately two hours a day for best part of a year.
• Carried sick relative from wheelchair to car many times because everyone else claimed to be not strong enough.
• Web cast relative's funeral service to family overseas.
• Dug the hole to receive the ashes.
• Cut down two trees.
• Agreed to pay half the cost of removing two more trees but was never paid the other half.
• Proved that a £9,000 scheme to waterproof roofing tiles was a scam just in time to back out of the contract.
• Witness to will and other documents.
• Built most of a front garden wall at another family property.
• Fixed various domestic appliances at that property.
Not once was there any help in return and now everything is thrown away because
I unintentionally splashed water on a two year old car. Beyond belief.