To return from any entry to the top of this page, click any date on the left
To place a bookmark/anchor in the URL bar (for links), click the blog title
To read blogs from other years and months use the menu above
To change the text size click ‘AAA’ or Mobile icon on the menu above
To permanently change the text size click ‘Configure’ on the menu above
of Information requests
relating to Councillor Fothergill’s Misconduct are proving more popular than expected so maybe another can be justified.
It is possible that you are wondering what the fuss is about, Estate Agents have a reputation for sharp practice, so maybe Maxine Fothergill pulled a fast one, why is Bexley Council so upset about it?
At the simplest level a councillor is deemed to be a councillor for every minute of the day. What they get up to outside the council chamber should be just as much beyond reproach as what they do inside it. A bit of a joke in Bexley I know but that's the theory anyway.
By that measure Councillor Fothergill is guilty of Misconduct, that was the verdict of the Code of Conduct Sub-Committee, but believe me it gets far worse than that. All will probably come out in due course, meanwhile the promised FOI submitted last week.
Under the London Borough of Bexley Members Code of Conduct Sub Committee Rules of Procedure, Rule 3.2 states that the Chairman may exercise their discretion and amend the order of business, where they consider that it is expedient to do so in order to secure the effective and fair consideration of any matter.
With reference to the London Borough of Bexley Members' Code of Conduct Sub Committee meeting held on 10th December 2015, to hear allegations against Councillor Maxine Fothergill, the complainant against Councillor Fothergill was not present at the meeting.
Rule 3.1(d) of the Rules of Procedure relates to the introduction of individuals present at the meeting, including the complainant.
1. Please provide copies of any correspondence received from the complainant, or any other person, requesting to be informed of any action to be taken against Councillor Fothergill and/or any other Council Officer or individual involved in the allegations against made her or them.
2. Please provide copies of any correspondence sent to the complainant, or any other person setting out the time and place of the meeting on 10th December 2015 and any request or invitation for the complainant, or any other person to attend the meeting if they so desired.
3. Please provide copies of any correspondence from the complainant, or any other person, in response to any request or invite for them to attend the meeting on 10th December 2015, or any other meeting or disciplinary proceedings involving any other individual involved in the allegations made against them and Councillor Fothergill.
4. Please provide copies of any correspondence from the complainant, or any other person, in response to being informed of the decision and the reasons, including any sanctions/recommendations made against Councillor Fothergill on 10th December 2015 and any other decisions and the reasons, including any sanctions/recommendations made against any other individual as a result of any meeting or disciplinary proceedings against any other individual involved with Councillor Fothergill.
5. Please provide copies of any correspondence relating to any other individual involved with Councillor Fothergill, being dismissed from the Council, or leaving of their own volition, as a result of the allegations made against them and Councillor Fothergill.
6. Please provide the date that any individual involved with Councillor Fothergill, was dismissed or left of their own volition, as a result of any allegations made against them or Councillor Fothergill.
FOI by everybody’s favourite Vexatious Fascist, Mr. Michael Barnbrook.
Index to related blogs.