The People Scrutiny meeting provides an opportunity for questions about health in the borough. It produced a few answers as follows…
• The Homeleigh Care Home in Erith has been closed, the building being no longer ”fit for purpose”. No decision has been made for its future.
• Hospital bed blocking by Bexley is “negligible”.
• Expenditure on home care has gone up by about £1·5 million a year and the support saves about 250 people a month from hospital admission. Bexley is 11th lowest in the country for non-elective admissions.
• Deputy Director of Adult Social Care, Tom Brown said he is working hard to build up care capacity - so Sharon and Don Massey should do alright out of it.
• It was not known when the Director post might be filled. Apparently councilor Sharon Massey had asked for that information lots of times (you may wonder why such close interest) but had failed to get an answer. She was no luckier this time around.